Group study can help students keep themselves on track by limiting procrastination, forcing a schedule and leveraging the perspectives and knowledge of other students. Like maybe Biochemistry isn’t your best subject, but another student may have tips and tactics that shore up your knowledge.
We’ve brought study groups online, into Firecracker.
Designed specifically to allow you to work alongside your friends and classmates, Firecracker Study Groups allow you to connect, study, and share motivation with one or a group of peers, all through a single in-app messaging interface. You can toggle on and start your own Study Group by going to your settings and scrolling down to the Firecracker Labs section. The messaging window will then appear in the bottom right hand corner of the web app.
Here’s how it works:
- Login to your Firecracker account on your desktop and go to your account settings https://med.firecracker.me/app#/tree/settings scroll down to the Labs section and you’ll see the ‘Study Groups’ settings.
- Flip on your study groups and from there you’ll be able to start inviting students to your study group:
- As soon as you’ve invited someone, you can initiate a chat, just by clicking on the green bubble in the lower right of your screen:
- Anyone you invite will receive a welcome/invitation email prompting them to come to Firecracker and join their study group
- Your friends will need to log into their settings to enable chats as well.
- If you've been in invited to join a study group, go to your settings, open the chat window and click 'Study Groups' at the top of the window to see all your groups:
Who can benefit from study groups?
Everyone! But here’s a few cases.
- You’re a new student who wants to start a new study group with your peers - say, to help your Gross Anatomy work.
- You’re starting your ramp up to your Step 1 exam and want a group of other students to consult with as you progress.
- You're an advanced student who wants to help newer students succeed.
What You Should Know
- You can invite as many people to your study group as you want.
- You can create just one study group yourself - but you can join as many study groups as you want.
- You can chat and share links now; we’re working on rolling out file sharing and group statistics later, depending on the feedback we hear from you.
- We hope this will be helpful/beneficial for everyone. If you run into any issues - please let us know, it’ll help us get better.