As many of you know, we've been working behind the scenes to get our new platform -- Firecracker -- out of the shop and onto the road for many months now. Almost 2/3rds of you signed up for Firecracker Beta and we're excited to announce that you can now migrate all of your performance history, banked topics, remaining months, etc. from Gunner Training over to Firecracker.
What are some of the reasons I might consider switching to Firecracker?
- Unbank Topics to Tune Your Review Schedule - You can now unbank topics, allowing you to constantly adjust your areas of focus by adding and removing questions from your study plan. And if you re-flag something, you will pick up right where you left off; Firecracker will recommend when and what to study based on your performance and what we know about what works best for you and others like you.
- Do Questions by Subject, Sub-Subject or Topic - You can choose to do the questions your study plan recommends not only by subject, but by sub-subject and even by topic. This is a great way to focus on one area at a time if you're preparing for an upcoming test or prefer to leave your books and notes open while using Firecracker.
- New Content - FC includes a ton of new material that is not on GT, particularly Clinical Clerkship topics and their associated questions. Flagging Clerkship topics is a great way to prepare for your rotations, shelf exams and USMLE Step 2. Our authors have also written over 500 awesome USMLE-style questions which we will be releasing on FC soon.
- Keep Your Place Within a Quiz - Ever been frustrated by losing your place in a quiz on GT? FC doesn't work that way. It remembers where you are at all times so you can hop up to write those discharge summaries or pull a central line; we'll be right here ready for you when you get back.
- Never Get Locked out of Material - GT can be an inflexible friend at times, locking you out of reviewing new material until you've finished your banked topic quiz. Firecracker is less rigid, taking the stance that you're the driver here; we just help get you where you want to go.
- Score Higher Than Ever on Your Boards - The Firecracker platform is going to let you better control our topics to conform to your needs, increasing the effectiveness of your studying time. It will also let us innovate better, which ultimately helps increase your USMLE scores! Win-win.
Will I lose all the work I've done on GT?
No way Jose! We wouldn't leave you in the lurch like that ;-) Firecracker is a totally separate system that requires you to register with it from scratch, but you don't have to start from scratch. We've got a simple one-click migration process that will pull over your GT progress and history so you can hit the ground running on Firecracker.
How do I migrate my GT account over to Firecracker?
Migration is simple. Once you create an account with Firecracker at med.firecracker.me/signup, just click on your account drop-down and choose Migration Assistant:
Our Migration Assistant will walk you through the simple steps involved in pulling over all your great work from GT. First you'll authenticate with GT by entering your GT email and password.
Authenticating with GT doesn't start your migration yet, it just stages it for you so you can start it at a time that's convenient for you.
When you're ready to begin your migration, just click Begin Migration and we'll email you when we're all done bringing everything over. The time this takes depends on how large your account is and how many other users are migrating at the same time, but the migration typically finishes in under ten minutes. During this time you'll be locked out of quizzes and studying on both GT and Firecracker so we can sync things up perfectly for you.
During the actual migration heavy-lifting we walk you through the process with us and keep you up to speed on how far along we've gotten. When it's all finished we send you an email letting you know your account is all ready to go. Simple!
What if I don't want to switch over to Firecracker?
No problem! Bullying isn't really our style so the choice is entirely yours: GT or Firecracker. But Firecracker is where all the fun new stuff is happening. New features, new content, new media, it's all happening on Firecracker. Come on over and try it out!
Is there a way to check out Firecracker before migrating?
Most certainly! We've got free trial accounts on Firecracker so you can take us for a spin before you decide whether you want to migrate your account over. Just head on over to med.firecracker.me/signup and get yourself a free trial!
It's been a pleasure and a privilege over the past 3 years with GT to help you all become the doctors you've always dreamt of being. Help us take the celebration to the next level and join us on Firecracker! You'll be glad you did. See you over there soon!